Do You Want to Change Your Life?

Thursday, September 17, 2009


You do?

Well, then, what life changing event do you have planned?

Pretty reasonable question, I think! You know, so many of us want to do something different. We want to change the world! Or for starters, change our world, at least. But there is never a trigger that gets us to act differently. We do the same grudgingly simple thing day after day after day hoping for a lift. We want to be the accomplice to miraculous undertakings in our communities, and be everything to everyone, yet we don't know where to start.

There are many "seminars" or "lectures" available out in the world of learning to get us off our feet. I am certainly a big fan, because something happens when you get around other like minded people who think big and who want to make a difference, also. Surely, you have to be careful as to which type of event you choose. Do some research and then make the investment in yourself to see what other forms of thinking you can adopt. There's only so far you can do with self help...after all, your self got you in the mess you're in, so your self has to elevate to a totally different plane to get you out of it.

This weekend I am attending a quarterly event that my company hosts. It is purposely placed in the right times to give a boost through motivation and education. The guest speaker struggled in business for YEARS, but he never quit. He refused to accept mediocrity and even though people opposed him for being "weird" and not getting a regular job like everyone else, he stuck to his guns of business ownership. Today in his thirties, he and his wife are living the dream with an income of over $400,000 per year.

Now, who do you think can inspire me to be the best I can be? My parents who are now broke and not knowing what retirement is going to hold for them in the next 3-5 years or this guy who stuck it out through thick and thin and won? Yeah, the latter. So why would I not make an investment in myself and travel to an event where I might have a shot at learning one flick of info that can trigger something in me that propels my direction towards greatness? Is mowing the lawn that much more important? Could the grocery shopping wait just one more day? Sure it can, because after all, I want to change my life...and last time I checked, getting an oil change didn't do much for me:o).

What events are in your area that you could plug in to? Get a newspaper, go online, ask a friend, check out craigslist.com and find a group near you participating in something huge. If you've never been to a seminar or event before, it might be a little intimidating. Especially if you are as shy as I am to meet new people. But make yourself go, blend in with the wall if you have to at first. By the end, you will be so glad you went, even if just because you feel so much better after it's done! Be courageous for a "change"!

TO A CHANGED LIFE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP