Lean and Mean

Monday, November 30, 2009

Let's get right down to the core of this post shall we? Live within your means people! Seriously! I don't know if it has been a blessing or a curse for me in my life, but I've never worried about out doing others in terms of my possesions.

Now, let me clarify. Do I like nice things? Yes. Do I like owning name brand stuff rather than generic? Sure. Is it one of my goals to be the out right owner of a $4,000 Prada purse? Absolutely! However, on my way to accomplishing those things, I don't look to my neighbors stuff and try to have a measuring war with each other.

The saddest thing I see when dealing with people I love is the stress that comes from debt occurred from acquiring "stuff". At the end of the day, that's all it is...Stuff.

Just this week we had a friend who moved into a brand new rental home. The only people living there with her are her two kids and her husband. They opted for a five bedroom house on a huge lot. So what's the problem? Neither of them are employed right now and they are depleting whatever they have in savings on this kind of luxury. To top it off as she was telling me about her place she would say, "I don't want to brag, but..." Brag? About what? Do you see where I'm getting at?

Forget the Jones and focus on you and your family. Get right with your financial selves. Set high goals, and as you work toward achieving them, live below your means and keep your stress levels low.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP