Melissa Rycroft

Sunday, January 3, 2010



Why am I writing about a former contestant on the Bachelor?  Because I think she's pretty cool.  Her story is unique and everyone can clearly see she has recovered well from her bachelor days.  For those of you who may not be familiar with the events that happened, I'll do my best to update you as best I can.  It needs to be prefaced that I do not watch television at home.  Purposely, we decided not to have a t.v. because of how easy it is to just plop in front and stay there for hours.  I caught this episode of the bachelor and the follow up episode while I was visiting at a friend's house.  So, from what I know I'll share, which is the jist anyway.

Watch this video for a catch up...




So she gets dumped on national television.  Okay, being dumped is definitely a bad experience...PERIOD.  But let the record stand that being dumped in front of millions of people cannot feel good at all.  Here's the part where it starts to get interesting.

Melissa goes through that emotional trauma, then begins to come to her own.  This is why she's so cool.  She gets invited to be a guest on talk shows and even competed in "Dancing with the Stars".  For New Year's she hosted the Time Square New Year's show with Carson Dayley (and by the way is now happily married to someone other than that bachelor Jason fella).  As we were gathered around watching the New Year's countdown I couldn't help but feel happy for her.  She went through that heavy emotional time in her life but has obviously come out of it so well. 

Surely she's prospering and feeling great about life now.  The funny thing is, that the dump-er Jason is nowhere to be found.  He's just a little insurance salesman with his ego somewhere.  The best thing for Melissa was what happened, and it seems she's faring well because of it. 

I love people who can take a bad situation and make something great out of it.  No matter what it is or how it happened.  She could have easily turned down interviews and such because it "hurt" too much, but instead she bucked it up and made some great things happen in her life.  Hats off to Melissa Rycroft for being one of the cool people!

1 comments:

Bearette January 3, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy New Year...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP