Whoa!

Thursday, September 24, 2009



Have you tried the "Money Hunny" exercise, yet? Whoa...it is powerful. I'm not quite ready to retell my experience as I'm still rehashing it to clarity. But I'm seriously moved by how powerful a mental exercise can be. Isn't it amazing what kind of programming we have in our head? Thank goodness programming can always be altered, that is how we get to progress.

One book I am rereading right now is "The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" by T. Harv Eker. It is excellent. In fact, I call it my "Money Bible" because it is so specific, yet very easy to read. You get done with that book and you think, "Man! No wonder!" but you also have specific action steps towards changes you need to make.

My bucket list is coming along nicely. I'm at around 85 items on the list. It is amazing what you can conjure up in your mind when you allow yourself to roam! One of the items on that list is to read 50 books this year. I'm on #32, so a little behind pace, but on my way nonetheless. The last few books I read were fiction novels and I really enjoyed reading them. In fact, I had about 7 books checked out from the library (an excellent resource that not enough Americans use) and they were all fiction.

When I ran across the "Money Hunny" video a thought totally flickered in my mind. I need to read to learn. To grow. To improve. Now, I will never ever say not to read fiction. It is probably my favorite activity! However, I'm 28 and still have a lot left to do in my life. If I set out a goal to read, I better make use of this time of learning and read on how to move towards my goals. I heard a quote once stating, "You become the combination of the books you read and the people with whom you surround yourself." There's a wake up call for you.

Also, I've learned that if you take your five closest friends and average their incomes, it is pretty close to your income. So, who are your buddies, hmmm? If you don't have rich friends, one good way to surround yourself with great minds is through reading books rich people write and getting into their thoughts. Hey, at least it's a start to hanging out with people who are closer to where you want to be! The only way to think on a higher level, is to learn what that kind of thinking looks like. Trust me, you broke aunt Sally won't be helping you there.

Two books that I've read this year which I'm totally in love with are: WAY OF THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR by Dan Millman & RICH LIKE THEM by Ryan D'Agostino. I couldn't even give you a description of these works that would be worthy of how awesome they are. Both great reads and definitely the kind of writing I would classify as "Growth Material". Check them out, you'll love 'em.


ON TO HIGHER GROUND!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP