Oh So Wise!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Well, you got a snippet on what I think about being healthy and wise...oh yes...just a snippet. I have lots of thoughts! What in the world does it mean to be wise?? That seems the most vague of all topics. Really, I've boiled it down to this definition for me: Being wise means being open minded to knowing that there is more or different things to know.



Huh?


Well, I think one of the biggest diseases out there is that we come to think that we know all there is to know. When we say, "I know" to someone it shows close mindedness most of the time, because you feel that you are already at the point where you know all there is to know on that very subject.



But if someone says, "The sky is blue" isn't it okay to say, 'I know' since you really do KNOW that the sky is blue? Well, do you really know that? Here's where I can start getting kooky on this subject.

If you've had the pleasure of watching the Panel Discussion of Beyond the Secret where they discussed the coming of the new movie, you heard Bob Proctor say, "People say I'm white and that he's black (pointing to Les Brown). But I'm not white, my shirt is white. He's not black, his suit is black. I'm more peachy or tan, and he's a chocolate shade of brown. So what are these beliefs we've had programmed in us?"*



That really struck me. It made me think about all the beliefs I've held on to about ANYTHING and I really had to dig deep to decide what I thought I knew that really wasn't a good belief to hang on to. One of the biggest things about ourselves that many of us hang onto is the belief that we're not worthy, deserving, or good enough for abundance. It would certainly be WISE to change that belief, now wouldn't it?



Being Wise is knowing that we can always know more. We can always learn, we can always grow! Thank goodness, right? It would be a terrible predicament for most of us to have to be stuck at the current situation we find ourselves in right now...so be wise, my friend...grow, learn, and keep striving!
BE WISE!



*Not a word for word quote, just remembering the conversation.

1 comments:

Unknown October 7, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

I love this post. It really makes me think.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Noblarum by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP